From The Bench and Bar of Boone County Missouri by North Todd Gentry, Columbia, Missouri, 1916, pp. 29 & 76. Available in the Wilson-Wulff History and Genealogy Library at the Walters-Boone County Historical Museum.
Photo at right shows the Todd House presumably about the time of publication of the book, ca 1916.
OLD TODD HOUSE
A picture of the residence of Roger North Todd is shown in this book [see above], and the same is interesting for several reasons. It is situated on the south side of Broadway, between Third and Fourth streets, Columbia, and it was erected by Mr. Todd in 1823. It is, therefore, one of the oldest buildings now standing in Boone county. One room of this house was used as an office by Mr. Todd, and the deed records and court records were kept there for many years. This office was the occasion for the law suit between Mr. Todd and the county, which is told in another part of this book. The building was afterwards added to on the east and used as the residence of Col. Francis T. Russell; and the name of another attorney is connected with the house; D.W.B. Kurtz, Jr., was born there. The place is now known as the Geo. W. Smith property.